- Medium van going in to production at UK’s largest van plant
- Available in two lengths (4.95m and 5.30m), three body styles and three trims
- Up to 1,400kg payload, 6.6m3 cargo capacity and 2,500kg towing capacity
- Order books open in February, arriving in Vauxhall showrooms in late summer
- Priced from £21,240 excluding VAT
- Vauxhall goes electric with all-new Vivaro battery electric vehicle in 2020
Vauxhall’s all-new Vivaro van is revealed today, heralding a bright future for the company’s Luton plant where the vehicle will be built.
Available to order next month and arriving in Vauxhall showrooms this summer, the third generation Vivaro medium van is a based on a state-of-the-art platform and available in two lengths (L1H1 4.95m and L2H1 5.30m). Body styles include panel van, doublecab for up to six occupants and a platform chassis.
Priced from £21,240 excluding VAT, the Vivaro will be available in three trim levels: Edition, Sportive and Elite. Dual Side Sliding Door, Driver/Passenger Airbags and Cruise Control with speed-limiter are all available as standard on Vivaro for the first time.
Reflecting the demands of an evolving market, Sportive models are higher specification than the outgoing model with standard equipment including body coloured mirrors, handles and body side moulds, alarm, auto lights and wipers, acoustic windscreen and thickened side glazing.
The top-of-the range Elite model features the latest safety technology as standard including Lane Departure Warning, Speed Limit Information, Intelligent Speed Adaptation, Driver Attention Alert Level Three and Blind Spot Detection.
Vauxhall’s all-new Vivaro, which is based on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 platform, will help secure 1,250 jobs at its manufacturing plant in Luton. Vauxhall is the UK’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer with over one million Vivaro-type vans built since production started in 2001. Investment in the new vehicle will help increase the plant’s production capacity to 100,000 units per year.
With the new Vivaro, Vauxhall continues to implement its PACE! strategic plan by investing in growing market segments with high volumes. Vauxhall will offer a purely electric version in 2020, another milestone on the journey to electrifying the brand. Groupe PSA is the leader in the European light commercial vehicle (LCV) business and, in future, Vauxhall/Opel will also have responsibility for the global development of LCVs for the whole of the group.
The Vivaro will celebrate its world premiere at the CV Show in Birmingham on 30th April 2019.
“As a British brand since 1903 and the UK’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, we’re delighted to reveal the all-new Luton-built Vivaro,” said Derek Wilson, Vauxhall’s LCV Director. “Practical, comfortable, economical and packed with all latest driver assistance and connectivity technology, the all-new new Vivaro is the vehicle that sits at the heart of our commercial vehicle range.”
PAYLOAD, CAPACITY AND FLEXIBILITY
With a maximum cargo capacity of 6.6m3, the new Vivaro has a payload of up to 1,400kg, 200kg more than its predecessor. The same applies to towing weights: the maximum trailer load is 2,500kg, 500kg more than the outgoing model.
Objects up to 4.02m long can be stowed securely in the 5.30m version thanks to Flex Cargo, an optional load-through flap under the front passenger seat. Adding to its office on wheels credentials, the FlexCargo also allows the back of the middle seat to fold down to become a table for documents, a notebook or a tablet.
Automatic side sliding doors are also available for the first time on Vivaro. A foot movement towards the sensors on the vehicle is all that is needed to open the door.
Stability and safety on a variety of slippery surfaces – mud, sand or snow – is provided by the advanced IntelliGrip traction control system (optional) including the work-site set-up comprising higher ground clearance and underbody protection.
DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS AND CONNECTIVITY
Inside, the new Vivaro is bristling with all the latest technology, on a par with the driver assistance systems and connectivity that is usually only seen in passenger cars.
The Vivaro is available with a Head Up Display so that drivers can see all important information and keep their eyes on the road. The additional front-camera and radar-based systems include:
- Lane Keep Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Drowsiness Alert, which advises the driver to take a break after two hours of non-stop driving, or by monitoring the driving behaviour, warns of drowsiness via visual and acoustic signals.
- Adaptive Cruise Control, which adjusts the speed according to that of the preceding vehicle, without actively braking.
- Forward Collision Alert, which gives a two-level warning of a potential front impact.
- Automatic Emergency Braking, which can avoid a crash or reduce its effects.
The Vivaro features ultrasonic sensors in the front and rear aprons. They warn the driver of obstacles when parking and monitor the side blind spot. Depending on the equipment level, the rear-view camera image is displayed either in the interior mirror or on the seven-inch display.
The Multimedia and Multimedia Navi infotainment systems come with a large seven-inch touchscreen. Both feature phone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Multimedia Navi additionally features European navigation with 3D view.
A multitude of seating adjustments, some of them electric, including lumbar support and armrest, mean the driver-oriented cockpit is as comfortable as that of a passenger car.
PRICING AND SPECIFICATION HIGHLIGHTS
Edition (Priced from £21,240 excluding VAT)
- Electronic Stability Programme
- Traction Control
- Hill Start Assist
- ABS with electronic brake force distribution
- Digital radio/AM/FM stereo radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Remote Control Door Locking with Deadlocks
- Selective Door Locking (allows cabin and load area to be locked separately)
- Electric Windows (One-Touch)
- Electrically operated and heated door mirrors
- 12V Socket with USB
- Daytime Running Lights
- Full Size Spare Wheel
- Dual Side Sliding Door
- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Cruise Control
- 16-Inch Steel Wheels
Sportive (Priced from £24,140 excluding VAT)
- Multimedia with 7”Touch Screen, DAB, HiFi Surround Sound, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- FlexCargo load through bulkhead
- Six Way Adjustable Driver’s Seat with centre armrest
- Bench Dual-Passenger Seat with Foldflat Centre
- Body Coloured Front and Rear Bumpers
- Metallic Paint
- Front Fog Lamps
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Driver Drowsiness Alert
- Body-coloured door mirrors, door handles and side body mouldings
- Acoustic Windscreen
- Thickened Side Glazing
- 16-Inch Steel Wheels with full-diameter wheels trims
- Two-Coat Metallic Paint
Elite (Priced from £25,540 excluding VAT)
- Multimedia with 7” Touch Screen, DAB, USB, Smartphone Projection, HiFi Surround Sound and Connected 3D NAVI
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Electrically folding door mirrors
- Lane Departure Warning
- Speed Limit Recognition
- Intelligent Speed Adaptation enables you to maintain a constant speed – making it ideal for economical motorway driving.
- Driver Attention Alert Level Three
- High Beam Assist
- Side Blind Spot Alert